The Committee has reduced the subscription rate to £10 for an individual member for the next subscription year, 2021/2022. This includes a newsletter sent by email. If you prefer a print newsletter rather than email, the cost is an additional £8 for the year.
The subscription is monitored and reviewed at our Annual General Meeting in May each year to ensure that we can fulfil our commitments based on stable long-term financial management.
How do I renew?
Please remember to renew your subscription for our next membership year by the end of May 2021. The 2021/22 subscription is £10 for an individual with email newsletter (or £18 if you want a printed newsletter). For two people at the same address the rate is £20 with email newsletter (or £28 to include one printed newsletter).
There are no renewal forms to complete, but please let me know of any changes in personal contact details by phone (see committee list) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a choice of ways to pay. Either send a cheque (made out to Minehead & District u3a) to Nic Pettit, Treasurer, 81 Parkhouse Road, Minehead TA24 8AE or – preferably– pay online to our TSB account, sort code 30-95-66, account number 24579768, using your membership name(s) as the reference.
Your subscription pays for:
- the monthly coffee morning – speaker, venue, and, where applicable, refreshments – to which all members are invited
- resources, such as the U3A laptop computer, large screen TV, etc. for use by interest groups
- a fee paid per member to the costs of ‘The Third Age Trust’ organization which represents third-agers nationally
- publicity for the activities of the U3A
- production of the Minehead & District U3A Newsletter which contains regular updates on our interest groups and activities. (The additional subscription fee for a printed newsletter copy does not cover ALL the costs of production and distribution)
- technological connectivity, including necessary outgoings to support Zoom videoconferencing, our independent website, and other factors as required.