Minehead and District U3A, which is a fully paid-up member of the Third Age Trust, has the benefit of the Third Age Trust nationally provided Public & Products Liability Insurance cover.
• Non-members are covered as visitors, for taster events and introductory sessions. For trips or visits, full membership is normally required. See also the note below.
• Carers are covered by the Insurance Policy.
• Children are not allowed to take part in Minehead and District U3A activities, nor to attend meetings. They require extra legal protection, which is not covered by U3A Public Liability
• Paid tutors and speakers must have their own insurance policy.
• U3A property in members’ homes is covered, so long as reasonable care is taken to avoid loss or damage.
E-mail re Insurance on visitors
From: U3A National Office [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 September, 2017 4:03 PM
Subject: RE: U3A Minehead Branch
Thank you for your email.
If a U3A member needs to bring a carer/companion when attending U3A activities/events, this is permissible under our insurance cover, providing the carer/companion does not attend any U3A activities as an individual and committee approval has been given.
It is also permissible for a non-member e.g. spouse or friend of a member, to attend an interest group, general meeting or outing on an occasional basis with committee approval, and this includes outings on a coach. It is not, however, acceptable for the same non-member to regularly attend U3A events. The insurance cover provided for you is for U3A members and therefore, should a non member be allowed to attend U3A activities on a regular basis and be involved in an incident, the U3A might find itself without liability cover.
The Third Age Trust