Minehead & District U3A Policies: Executive Summary
Our policies in full are available to download from our website [https://minehead-district-u3a.org.uk/] or in printed form on request from any committee member. All policies can be made available in alternative formats.
Equality and Diversity
Minehead & District U3A pursues an equal opportunities policy and as far as it is within its power to do so, treats equally any person in their third age.
In all situations, Minehead & District U3A believes that everyone is entitled to:
- be treated with dignity and respect
- lead an independent life and to be enabled to do so
- choose how they live their lives
- the protection of the law
- have their human and civil rights upheld regardless of ethnic origin, gender, sexuality, impairment or disability, age, religion or cultural background.
Where abuse or neglect is suspected, Minehead & District U3A will aim to respond to the situation in a way that is caring, effective and enabling.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- We will gather, store and use your personal information responsibly.
- We will use your information for the purposes for which you have given it to us.
- At any stage you can ask what information we hold and correct any errors.
- We will delete information when you cease to be a member, except insofar as may be required by the law.
If a member of Minehead & District U3A feels they have been discriminated against by Minehead & District U3A or harassed at a Minehead & District U3A event they should raise the issue with a
Health & Safety and Duty of Care
Minehead and District U3A events and activities observe Health and Safety guidelines and risk assessment procedures. They are insured through the national U3A with Public & Products Liability
U3A strives to have a membership that reflects the composition of the community it represents and to achieve fair treatment and the absence of discrimination in all our activities (see National U3A website guidelines on our duty to make reasonable adjustments)